Holy Spirit offers all children the opportunity to grow mentally, physically, and spiritually in a safe, structured environment. We promote Christian values through songs, stories and activities. Our goal is to help each child develop a positive self-image and improve his/her socialization skills while preparing them for a positive academic future.
Holy Spirit Pre-K admits students of any race, sex, color, national or ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the program.
Holy Spirit School Pre-K 4’s is designed for kindergarten readiness. Our focus on the whole child experience means that teachers value the uniqueness of each individual child. Our teaching style and research based curriculum allows students to learn through their organic interest, while exposing them to new thoughts and ideas, all designed to create a lifetime love of learning.
By the end of Pre-K, a student should be able to do the following:
- Recognize the first 40 Dolch sight words
- Recognize rhyming words by sound
- Produce rhyming words by sound
- Identify initial sound of words by matching with picture and objects
- Recognize, identify and write alphabet (uppercase and lowercase)
- Follow agreed upon rules for discussions
- Listen others, taking turns speaking about topics and texts under discussion
- Listen to and recognize similar and different sounds in words and rhymes
- Clap out syllables
- Write first and last name
- Count numbers to 20
- Recognize one to one correspondence between objects and numbers
- Know number names and count sequence 0 to 31
- Compare numbers using greater, less than, and equal
- Follow a pattern to complete and to create own patterns
- Measure by length and weight using standard and not standard units of measurement
Options for Pre-K 4’s students:
- Monday - Friday
- 7:40 - 2:35
- Tues, Wed, Thurs
- 7:40 - 2:35
Students entering Pre-K 4’s must be 4-years old by August 1. Please consider our Pre-K 3’s class for younger students.
In the event that more students register than available space, the following preference guidelines will be used:
- Siblings of students currently enrolled in K –8.
- Members of Holy Spirit Parish.
- Catholic members from other parishes.
- Non-Catholic students.(The August 1st cut-off date is in line with kindergarten admissions. Children must be 5 by August 1st to enter kindergarten.)